Job Title: Manager in the Office of the CEO – 24 months fixed term contract
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: R985 502,00 (TCTC) Negotiable
Paterson Level: D4
Ensures the smooth running of the CEO’s office operations including strategic documents. Provides executive assistance to the CEO in an effective and efficient manner. The Manager in the Office of the CEO will act as the CEO’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. The Manager in the office of the CEO is key personnel in the company as he/she will end up being the CEO’s representative and point of contact with the organisation’s divisions, partners, and stakeholders.
The incumbent is responsible for acting as a trusted advisor and operator for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Provide high-level strategic support to the CEO in planning, executing, and ensuring the success of the CEO’s mandate. He/she must drive the organisation’s corporate governance and compliance, ensuring alignment of Brand South Africa’s policies and procedures to ensure best project delivery.
The incumbent serves as a liaison between CEO and executives of businesses and functional units; organizes and coordinates internal and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The incumbent will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The incumbent will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion, ethics and integrity.
- Degree in Business Admin, Marketing, or Public Admin/Office Management.
- Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an executive office management environment.
- Understanding of protocol matters with regard to government, parliament, and other key stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Participate in the development and implementation of Brand South Africa’s business strategy
- Contribute input into the overall conceptualisation and development of Brand South Africa’s business strategy.
2. Provide strategic and Executive support to the CEO
- To provide strategic and efficient administrative support to all strategic documents.
- Prepare presentations for strategic platforms that requires CEO’s participation.
- Responsible for coordination of CEO’s strategic platforms.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with stakeholders, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including business projects, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Support CEO’s Personal Assistant in ensuring a smooth-running process in the office of the CEO including project operations e.g., agenda for strategy, workshops and follow up on deliverables assigned by CEO.
- Acts as a strategic partner to entity oversight.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
3. Provide administrative support to the CEO
- To maintain professionalism and image of the CEO’s office.
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor and operator for the Chief Executive Officer, who can fill in as necessary in meetings, synthesizing information and feedback for quick decision-making.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, discretion, diplomacy, judgment, customer service, efficiency, and operational excellence.
- Ensure oversight on all policies, submissions to the office of the CEO prior to CEO’s approval.
- Ensure smooth running of EXCO meetings and other committee meetings including coordination and planning.
4. Planning, organising the coordination of key documents and operational matters of the organisation
- Oversee the efficient and effective reporting across multiple levels in the organisation.
- This includes preparation of departmental monthly reports, quarterly management reports, Board preparations, Parliament document for reporting purposes.
- Participate in the organisational forums and appropriate/relevant committees.
5. Staff management and development
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient direction so desired business outcomes can be achieved.
- Provide direct report with leadership, direction, development, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Performance Management- ensure the team members achieve their performance objectives as per individual agreements.
- Participate in the recruitment of respective staff and selection.
6. Assist to create the optimal working environment in the activation of strategy to be more effective in achieving the Brand South Africa mandate
- Create an innovative working environment.
- Create the high-performance organisational culture.
- Establish rapport with key people in the organisation and the organisation’s stakeholders.
- Assist to embed a strong achievement culture through performance management and have an eye to proactively identify and mitigate organisation risks.
7. Fulfilment of statutory requirements
- Manage and coordinate formal submission of documents to the Executive Authority as per legislative requirements (PFMA etc.) within the specified timeframe, e.g., strategic and business plans, quarterly reports, budgets, etc.
- Maintain a register of all documents submitted and obtain written confirmation of receipts.
8. Public Relations, Stakeholder management and Influence
- Assist to create an external environment conducive to the organisation being able to function in terms of political, media and stakeholder buy-in.
- Collaborate and drive interaction as well as communication between the CEO, Communications department, and the media.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the projects of the CEO including the management of promotional items as well as stakeholder corporate gifts.
- Play a supporting and collaborative role to the marketing team by playing an active role in content creation around projects relating to the CEO’s objectives.
- Develop partnerships and share knowledge with relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee strategic interventions that will contribute to Brand South Africa’s overall media profile and reputation.
- Monitor trends and benchmarking best practices both nationally and internationally to assist in decision making; and network on various platforms with industry thought leaders to share and discuss best practices.
9. Organisational Management and Governance
- Assist to enforce good governance and compliance.
- Assist to create an internal environment conducive to the organisation being able to function in terms of human and financial resources, internal climate, and culture.
10. Financial management/oversight and compliance
- Develop and manage the CEO’s budget (including the use of outsourced and contracted services), in line with the office of the CEO.
- Manage financial resources cost effectively.
11. Project Management
- Manage and undertake specific administrative tasks on work programs, projects and research as determined by the CEO.
- Oversee and manage strategic project efforts.
- Work closely with Leadership and Project teams and other stakeholders to facilitate delivery and remove impediments.
- Drive change through cross-functional teamwork.
- Facilitate project meetings and workshops related to process re-engineering, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels.
- Managing stakeholder communications.
- Conduct pro-active detection of process bottlenecks and high-level operational value chain.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Knowledge of Operational Systems.
- Organisational processes and policies.
- Administrative and document management systems.
- Understanding of marketing and communications environment.
- Business performance measurement (strategic, operational, and financial)
- Understanding of protocol matters with regard to government, parliament, and other key stakeholders
- MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Policy formulation
- Presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strategy development
- Resource planning and allocation
- Reporting and monitoring
- Excellent management, communication, and interactive skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Big picture thinking with appreciation for detail
- Team player
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Excellent business writing and correspondence
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Working usage of the CRM software
- Competent ability in knowledge management
- Organisational / business awareness
- Advanced working on the organisation’s database and document management systems.
- Understanding of marketing and communications environment
- Strategic thinker
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Please include certified copies of ID, and qualifications not older than (6) six months and contact details of at least 3 referees.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people with disabilities, as well as African males, Coloured males and females, Indian males and females, White males, and females.
The closing date for applications is 25 February 2022.
Email CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please contact: Ms Lesedi Khalo on (011) 483 0122
If you have not heard from us within three months, please consider your application unsuccessful.