Job Title: Activations Officer
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: Activations Manager
Salary: R470 095,00 – R587 618,00 (TCTC)
Paterson Level: C4
Reference number: 29082023
The Activations Officer is responsible for all aspects of Brand SA’s events implementations. This involves maintaining the accuracy and organisation of all bid management & trafficking processes and agency interactions related to assigned to Brand SA’s events and campaigns.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent
• 3 years Marketing Campaigns Activation Management experience
• 3+ years of experience in planning, developing, and launching of products/services.
• Working knowledge of all elements of the marketing and communications function, including market planning and development, customer and stakeholder relations and managing corporate partners
• Working knowledge of marketing research principles, the application and implementation of the data
• Working knowledge of the public sector
• Knowledge of the broad political, legislative, and economic arenas – locally and internationally, i.e., awareness as a global citizen
Key Performance Areas:
1. Events activation support
• Support the Managers in the marketing team: Concepts to bring brand promise to life. Assist in comanaging projects, initiatives / campaigns through engagements and integrated programme plans.
2. Planning and Organising
• Design and implement plans to market and promote events and brand message in line with the reputation and brand plans. Working with the brand agencies to ensure the brand is carried across onto the appropriate platforms.
3. Implement and manage the Activations Strategy
• Develop, manage, direct, and oversee on the ground project operations and delivery.
• Assist in the development and execution of annual marketing activation plans that drives achievement of business objectives across different business units.
• Develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Brand SA service providers and agencies.
• Monitor brand activated platforms and align them with impact indicators.
• Oversee and resolve weekly and/or daily campaign QA reports to ensure accurate campaign implementation, pacing, and performance.
4. Development and Management of a comprehensive database of Stakeholders
• To set up a database of stakeholders that is relevant to the campaigns and programmes that are managed by Brand South Africa, and the categorizing of them by industry and priority.
5. Stakeholder engagements
• Assist in identifying strategic media, PR partnerships and thought leadership to extend Brand SA’s key projects, campaigns, and other initiatives.
6. Compliance, monitoring, and reporting
• Contribute to monthly and quarterly management reports (content, financial and staff, etc.) Understanding of activations impact indicators.
Required Technical Skills, Competencies and Attributes
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Report writing skills
• Budget management
• Marketing strategy and activation
• Brand and reputation management
• Presentation and business communication skills
• Negotiating and consensus building
• Effective advertising and creative communication development, evaluation, and execution
• Proven creativity and innovation skills
• Excellent multi-tasking, solid execution, and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
• Strategic Ability
• Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
• Planning and Organising skills
• Stakeholder Management
• Supplier management
• Affinity to work with diverse clients including government (non-negotiable)
• Attention to detail
• High ethical standards
• Self-motivation and Follow-through
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Brand South Africa encourages applications from African Males, Indian Males and Females, Colored Males and Females, White Males and Females as well as people with disabilities.
Please note that certified copies of qualifications will be requested from the shortlisted candidates ONLY.
The processing of your personal information by Brand South Africa will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Brand South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply for this position, submit a comprehensive CV to: email@example.com
Please quote the position title and reference number on the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 11 September 2023.
For enquiries please contact: Ms Lesedi Khalo on 011 483 0122 or send an email to
*Should you not hear from us within three months from the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.