Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain Management
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Salary: R872 801,00 – R1091 002,00 TCTC
Paterson Level: D3
Reference number: 23062023
To manage Brand South Africa’s governance and implementation of compliant financial practices.
Minimum Qualification requirements & Experience:
• Relevant degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years public sector procurement experience
• 3 years must be at management or middle management level
• Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management Framework
• Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and its associated regulations
• Knowledge of Public Sector Supply Chain Management models and processes
• General knowledge of broader political, economic and social environment
• Contract Management
• Compliance with latest and applicable regulations
• Communication and information management
• Service level agreements
• Financial management
• Government financial systems
Key Performance Areas:
1. Demand Planning
• Develop and / or participate in the development of the supply chain strategy for the
• Develop annual procurement plan with prioritization and resourcing.
▪ Oversee organisation wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services.
• Manage and / or execute procurement related functions (e.g., develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, manage contracts, etc.)
• Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations in order to meet Brand South SA sourcing requirement.
2. Tender Process Management
Bid Specification and Calls for Proposals.
• Participate in and provide advice at Bid Specification meetings to ensure that SCM policies are complied with for tenders.
• Provide advice in the development of Calls for Proposal to ensure that SCM policies and
Regulations are complied with.
Tender Documentation Preparation and Advertising.
• Establish industry based tender compliance requirements through reviewing scope of the terms of reference and integrating the compliance requirements into the tender documentation as required.
• Distribute the draft tender advert template to facilitate the line managers drafting a tender advert
• Approve placement of adverts in appropriate media for the required time period including
National Treasury portal and Government Gazette.
• Receive tenders/proposals either through email or hard copy submitted tenders, implement the
required tender receipt management process.
• Review submitted tenders/proposals for SCM compliance through checking submissions against
the requirements defined in the Terms of Reference or Calls for Proposal.
• Prepare a report highlighting the compliant and non-compliant submissions with explanations to
the Bid Evaluation Committee.
Bid Evaluation Committee
• Monitor scheduling and convening of Bid Evaluation Committee and Identifying key participants and distributing relevant materials
• Minute the Bid Evaluation Committee meeting through capturing the key aspects of the
• Provide advice on compliance and SCM related matters as required at the Bid Evaluation
• Apply the Specific Goals and Pricing formula (PPPFA) to the tenderers that meet the Bid
Evaluation assessment criteria and identify the highest rated tenders.
• Monitor and review preparation of tender packs for the Bid Adjudication Committee
3. Bid Adjudication Management
• Manage the approval, signature and storage of BAC minutes and reports
• Manage queries from Internal Audit
4. Risk Management
• Conduct the quarterly and annual SCM risk assessment and development of the SCM risk
universe and risk response plan.
• Manage the communication of the outcome of the BAC or Proposal Review process with
successful and unsuccessful bidders in line with the established policies.
• Refer any queries from bidders related to tender/proposal outcomes to Legal Manager.
6. Document Management
• Developing and maintaining documentation in support of key supplier and development
7. Contract Management System
• Conduct SCM compliance checking of contracts that have been awarded and contracts on the contracts register to ensure compliance with the SCM policy.
• Maintain the contract register for tenders through updating register with all contract changes monthly.
8. Vendor System Management
• Manage the loading of approved vendors onto the vendor system in line with the defined
contract nature and SCM requirements.
• Ensure vendors have registered with National Treasury Central Supplier Database (CSD)
• Manage the issuing of purchase orders for loaded and approved vendors to ensure they are complaint with the SCM requirements.
• Manage the annual vendor details validation and updating process through checking the
accuracy of information captured.
• Address any supplier database errors with the Procurement Administrator
9. Reporting and Administration
• SCM Monthly, quarterly and annual reports to CFO
• Bid Committee reports to the Bid Committees
• Procurement Plans to National Treasury
• BEE quarterly reports
• National Treasury Quarterly Reports
• Contract register reports
• Undertake all required administration as necessary
10. People Management
• Select, assign, lead and manage people
• Set clear objectives for self and others and measure achievements against these objectives through implementation of the performance management system
• Build and manage relationships with staff members
• Manage and support staff development
• Implement the Brand SA HR policies and procedures as required
• Manage risks and address issues as they arise
Required Technical Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Financial Management
• Corporate Governance
• Government financial systems
• Presentation skills
• Supplier management
• Project management
• Strategic capability
• Staff management and empowerment
• Planning skills
• Organisational skills
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Honesty and Integrity
• Diversity awareness
• Impact and influence
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Brand South Africa encourages applications from African Males, Indian Males and Females, Colored Males and Females, White Males and Females as well as people with disabilities .
Please note that certified copies of qualifications will be requested from the shortlisted candidates ONLY.
The processing of your personal information by Brand South Africa will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Brand South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply for this position, submit a comprehensive CV to : email@example.com
Please quote the position title and reference number on the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 01 August 2023.
For enquiries please contact: Ms Lesedi Khalo on 011 483 0122 or 072 736 5827
*Should you not hear from us within three months from the closing date please consider your