Job Title: Communications Assistant
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: General Manager: Communications
Salary: R340 906,00 – R426 133 (TCTC)
Paterson level C2
Reference number: 21062023
To assist the General Manager in the day to day running of communication activities, functions, and administration of the unit to ensure seamless delivery of annual and operational plans by the Communication and Digital Unit.
• National Diploma in Journalism/Communications/ Media Studies/ Public Relations or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• 3 years’ work experience, of which at least the 3 years should be within communications, media and public relations environments.
• Public Relations experience.
• Knowledge of media consumption trends and patterns.
• Knowledge and understanding of brand communications, media management and public relations.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Manage implementation of annual and operational plans
• Active planning based on sound research and thought through approaches and strategies in reaching the right people with the right message.
2. Assist in promoting public relations support on all promotion programmes for Brand South Africa
• Procurement of appropriate collateral for Brand South Africa projects/logistics including booking venues and making travel plans.
• Provide support to stakeholders and programme managers to ensure that the relevant and correct information is disseminated through the proper channels.
• Identifying and preparing relevant content for the internal/staff newsletter as well as the Board bulletin.
3. Establish and maintain an of PR opportunities to champion Brand South Africa programmes
• Consolidate key media, international events, role players, happenings and trends to inform the overall strategy and integrated communication and media programme plans.
• Report on activities implemented as per Annual and Operational plans.
• Drafting monthly and quarterly reports
5. Administrative Support
• Planning and scheduling events, meetings, and appointments.
• Creating and managing databases and financial spreadsheets.
• Implementing the Supply Chain Management policy including procurement in line with the PFMA and PPPFA.
• Budget tracking and management.
• Taking responsibility to account on communications and digital activities both internally and with appointed agencies/service providers.
• Process briefs, cost estimates, invoices, and POs through the system.
Required Technical Skills, Competencies and Attributes
• Understanding of media environment (traditional & digital)
• Some evidence of working with media environment
• Media management, analytical skills, communication management and negotiation skills is essential
• Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Visio)
• Intermediate understanding of Zoom
• Good Public Relations skills
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent business writing ability
• Good command of English
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to engage with diverse levels of stakeholders in a competent and confident manner
• Reliable & dependable
• Attentive to detail
• Problem solving
• Professional & ethical
• Honesty and Integrity
• Discerning and dedicated
• Assertive and confident
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience. Brand South Africa encourages applications from African Males and Females, Indian Males and Females , Colored Males and Females, White Males and Females as well as people with disabilities.
Please note that certified copies of qualifications will be requested from the shortlisted candidates ONLY.
The processing of your personal information by Brand South Africa will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Brand South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply for this position, submit a comprehensive CV to : email@example.com
Please quote the position title and reference number on the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 01 August 2023.
For enquiries please contact: Ms Lesedi Khalo on 011 483 0122 or 072 736 5827
*Should you not hear from us within three months from the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful