Brand South Africa aims to contribute to the objectives of the National Development Plan (NDP) by managing South Africa’s Nation Brand reputation in order improve the country’s global attractiveness and competitiveness.
Job Title: Communications Officer: International (Ref:1)
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: GM: Communications
Salary: R608 600.00 (TCTC) Negotiable
Paterson level D1
To identify public relations opportunities internationally in order to promote Brand South Africa initiatives and the SA brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of integrated PR and communications work experience, of which 3 must be within corporate communications, media management or public relations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and manage implementation of international public relations plans for
- Active planning based on sound research and thought through approaches and strategies in reaching the right people with the right message (e.g. international missions)
- Promote international public relations support on all promotion programmes for Brand South Africa.
- Procurement of appropriate collateral for Brand South Africa events, campaigns and exhibitions.
- Provide support to stakeholders and programme managers to ensure that the relevant and correct information is disseminated through the proper channels.
- Identify target audiences and key messages to support key campaigns.
- Analysis, monitoring & evaluating all international public relations initiatives.
- Establish and maintain an international database of PR opportunities to champion Brand South Africa programmes.
- Consolidate key media, international events, role players, happenings and trends to inform the marketing strategy and integrated programme plans.
- Providing professional writing, proof-reading and editing services across the organisation.
- Report on public relations events and whether it increased the levels of publicity of Brand South Africa international initiatives and contributed towards the overall brand building and promotion outcomes of the organisation.
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Required Technical Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- Appreciation of the domestic policy environment and implications for corporate communications.
- Knowledge of media liaison strategies.
- Proven knowledge of corporate communication, media management and public relations.
- Knowledge of operations of the South African and international media environment.
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Good business writing ability.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a competent and confident manner.
- Strong evidence of media relationships.
- Content Development.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving.
- Service oriented.
- Honesty and Integrity.
Brand South Africa is committed to ensuring and maintaining workplace diversity and the attainment of employment equity, having due regard to qualifications and appropriate experience.
Brand South Africa encourages applications from people living with disabilities , as well as African Males, Indian Females, Coloured Males and Females, and White Males and Females.
The processing of your personal information by Brand South Africa will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013.
Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Brad South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The closing date for applications is 11 November 2022.
Email CV for REF 1 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please contact: Ms Lesedi Khalo on 011 483 0122 or 072 736 5827
*Should you not hear from us within three months from the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful