The Presidency hereby invites nominations for candidates to serve as trustees of the Brand South Africa Trust.
Brand South Africa is a Schedule 3A public entity and a Trust established in terms of the Trust Property Control Act, No. 57 of 1988 to develop and implement proactive and co-ordinated marketing, communication and reputation management strategies for South Africa. The ultimate aim is to make a contribution towards economic growth, job creation, poverty alleviation and social cohesion by encouraging local and foreign investment, tourism and trade through the promotion of Brand South Africa.
Requirements: The trustees of Brand South Africa should have leadership qualities and be committed to the primary object and mandate of Brand South Africa. Possess knowledge and expertise in: Board responsibilities (including fiduciary duties), marketing, tourism, communications, investment promotion, research and development, law, risk management, finance, corporate governance, business management, reputation management and any other marketingrelated area. Nominated persons must be citizens and ordinarily residents in the Republic of South Africa and be representative of race, gender and geographic composition of the Republic.
Disqualification: The following persons are not eligible to be appointed to the Board of Brand South Africa: unrehabilitated insolvent person; person removed from an office of trust on account of misconduct; person convicted of an offence within South Africa and abroad, other than an offence committed prior to 27 April 1994 associate with political objectives.
Terms and Conditions: The term of office for Board members is three (3) years effective from date of appointment by the President and may be appointed for a further term(s).
Full name, address and telephone number(s) of the nominating person or organisation.
• Full name, identity number, address and telephone number(s) of the nominee.
• Signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee.
• A declaration by the nominee that he/she is qualified to serve as a Trustee in terms of the Trust Property Control Act, No. 57 of 1988.
• A motivation for the appointment of the nominee to the Board of the Brand SA (1 page)
• A short Curriculum Vitae of the nominee (maximum: 2 pages) covering the following areas: the nominee’s full name, ID number, race, gender, contact address, telephone numbers, qualification, experience, skills, knowledge and names and contact details of at least two referees.
• Certified copy of the South African ID
• Certified copies of the qualifications
The closing date for the receipt of nominations is: 28 October 2022.
Nominations should be sent to: Mr Nkululeko Ndebele Email address: Nkululekon@brandsouthafrica.com
Physical address: Brand South Africa 103 Central Street, Houghton, Johannesburg
For enquiries: Adv. Sifiso S. Nyoni Tel: +27 (0) 11 483-0122
Should you not receive any further communication on your nomination by 15 December 2022 please consider your nomination unsuccessful.